HomeBanking Login Issues
Challenge Question Issue Description
BCFCU recognizes that some of our members are having to continually respond to challenge questions, even though their computer is set to 'Private' for Enhanced Login Security. The following information will help to resolve this issue.
End users may experience an issue when they are asked for their MFA (Multi-factor Authentication) answers with every login to Internet Banking, despite setting their computer to private for Enhanced Login Security.Common Causes and Solution
Reason for this issue to occur is due to the MFA cookie not being recognized after the end user's computer has been enrolled for Enhanced Login Security by marking it 'Private'.
Common causes for This Behavior
- Browser is not accepting cookies
- Browser's cookies setting is set to clear cookies and cache every time the browser session is closed
- 3rd party security software (e.g. Anti-Virus, Malware) is set to delete cookies
- Ensure the end user has the recommended browser settings enabled.
- Adjust or disable the cookie settings on the 3rd party security software, if applicable.
- If this does not resolve the issue
Click below on your specific browser to view, download or print the recommended browser settings.
1. Browser Settings for Internet Explorer (IE) 8 & 9
2. Browser Settings for Internet Explorer (IE) 7
3. Browser Settings for Google Chrome
4. Browser Settings for Safari 5.0
5. Browser Settings for Android/Droid Phone
6. Browser Settings for Firefox 4.0
7. Browser Settings for America Online